Friday, March 21, 2014

POETRY - HEARTS ACHE


Hearts Ache
because you can't cut out the
pain of another's heart...

I've never attended a
Bitchelor Party in my life;
I guess that's obvious.
My daddy told me once
nice people get walked on...
hell! I think someone is
actually wiping their dirty feet on me!
Anyway, I would have hung myself
From my shower curtain before—
Okay, let me say this:
I'd rather lay a bet on
Charlie Sheen leading a
Sunday School class
than wager attendees at such a
soiree would be up to any good.

What?
Sarcastic? Irreverent?
Me?
Surely you do not expect me to
surpass my capacity for responsibility,
a responsibility that is to myself first
and to my loved ones second...
maybe there's no responsibility to the second.

Let me cut off this sleeve because
this is not about me but
those whose hearts have a hole
smack dab in the center and who
find enjoyment...laughter...
at the expense of others—
talking about and laughing at
a person behind her / his back
while everywhere love is breathing
heavily like a draft at their doors.

Agony grows up like a cancer
from their hearts to their brains
and the wearers throw out daggers
to arrest the victim with
their disease of aching hearts.

Honestly, don't you just
want to give them your best
Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo face?
Childish? Okay, but I certainly
feel their childish actions
deserve equal immature reactions.



©Mimi Wolske, March 2014
All Rights Reserved



Intellectual Property Rights:© 1999 – 2014 Mimi Wolske/Mona Arizona™. All rights reserved.
You may contact me concerning permissions via email. This copyright notice overrides, negates, and renders void any alleged copyright or license claimed by any person or entity, specifically including but not limited to any claim of right or license by any individual, group of individuals, companies and corporations, or web hosting service, except when I have transferred such rights with a signed writing that complies with the requirements for transferring the entire copyright as specified in Title 17 of the United States Code. This includes, but is not limited to, translation or other creation of derivative works, use in advertising or other publicity materials without prior authorization in writing, or any other non-private use that falls outside the fair use exception specified in Title 17 of the United States Code.
If you have any question about whether commercial use, publicity or advertising use, or republication in any form satisfies this notice, it probably does not. Violations of intellectual property rights will be dealt with swiftly using appropriate process of law, probably including a note to your mother telling her that you’re a thief.



No comments:

Post a Comment