Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mimi Wolske - Mona Arizona Poetry: I Think I Know You Are Everything Before We Name It




©I Think I Know You Are Everything Before We Name It
Mimi Wolske
All Rights Reserved

I think I know where you hide.
When I was a child, you hid
beyond where neglected fences
around the park’s hinterland
disappeared into culverts and
darkness. You lurked where the
forest became too thick to
see into. I’m duly afraid to
admit I saw you just beyond
the close of the horizon; you were
concerned only with the
business of your existence and
the coming war to end all wars.

I think I know what you are.
But, that doesn’t mean you
do not exist. You do, especially
to those who claim they’ve looked
for you —others didn’t want to
join you; they wanted to claim
you... At least, that was the whispers
among them. I know they want to
fortify the border. But, we know;
don’t we? You and I can never
escape each other since you are
found in me and I in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment