Monday, October 26, 2015

Mimi - Mona Poetry: Seriously, Darling, I Don’t Deserve You

IMAGINE THE WORST PAIN EVER...EVER!

Now, multiply that by infinity and realize it is inescapable!

What Pain Would That Be?


©Seriously, Darling, I Don’t Deserve You
Is this because you believe I love you too much?
I don’t. And, I don’t hate myself, so this cannot
be psychosomatic, nor is this fire that consumes
my brain imaginary. I am not delusional.

What if you’re wrong and I never cared about you?
What if I never had any empathy for you?
What if I loathed your ambition, your duty?
I did. I do. I loathe them and your accomplices.
I loathe the fear you bring and the plans you wrap me in.


Damn it! Take back this harrowing torment
you gifted me. This relentless throbbing
behind my eyes that proclaims you won’t
stop until I relent— I never will. I will fight you.
even though the battle is tedious and painful, I will win.

You’re nothing more than a banality dancing on
every nerve ending and causing my sensitivities
to betray me; you defecator on my emotions.
Darling, if I could leave you I would, but I am too weak.
Be gone! Show me the mercy I cannot show you.

Mimi Wolske
All Rights Reserved

Migraine disorder affects 12% of people in the U.S., mostly women, and its symptoms can be debilitating.

No comments:

Post a Comment