I LOVE this country! I LOVE being an American! BUT…
- When Donald Trump ran for president of the U.S., but WAIT, even years before that, he said that President Barak Obama was not American and demanded to see his birth certificate! His supporters backed him and cheered him on.
- Trump took on the role of a bully during the RNC and made fun of and called his opponents names. He made some, frankly, awful remarks about fellow candidate Carly Fiorina saying, “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!? He then went on to say, "I mean, she’s a woman, and I'm not s’posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"
- Trump’s remarks were the beginning and even though women and young girls and some men found his remarks offensive and wrong, he never stopped making fun of women. He offended the other candidates by insulting them and calling them names. However, the republican party Lowered The Bar and chose him as the person they wanted above all the other candidates in the primary and the media leaned a little but they Lowered The Bar.
- When he lost a lawsuit, he blamed the judge, saying it wasn’t fair because the judge was biased because he’s a Mexican and didn’t like him. But, the judge was American and as a judge, personal opinions were never part of a legal decision. But, the republican party Lowered The Bar and chose him as the person they wanted above all the other candidates in the primary and the media shrugged and they Lowered The Bar for a racist.
- When Trump called all Mexicans rapists and criminals, he denied it. No matter his running mate, Michael Pence said, Yes, Trump called Mexicans rapists and criminals, but… But, he defended him and the Republicans’ expectation were so low, they Lowered The Bar for Trump and the media reported the facts, the majority of Americans were shocked as the racist remark. But Trump promised “We’re going to build a wall!” the Republican crowd CHEERED. When Trump added, “And Mexico is going to pay for it!” the crowd went wild and they Lowered The Bar for a racist.
- When Trump called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what’s going on.” That was the most sweepingly xenophobic statement by a presidential candidate ever it was polarizing rhetoric about immigrants. And while the majority of Americans were shocked and complained, most of the Republicans CHEERED and Embraced him and they Lowered The Bar for a racist even further. He repeated his call to Ban all “radical Islamists” from entering the US and repeated a discredited rumor that “thousands and thousands of people were cheering” on 9/11 in Jersey City neighborhoods with Arab communities as the Twin Towers fell. Later, he re-Tweeted a graphic that falsely indicated that 81% of white murder victims were killed by black attackers. (FBI statistics in 2014 indicated 82% of white murder victims were killed by a white attacker.) And, discrimination against black people has been a pattern in his career. He refused to condemn the white supremacists who are campaigning for him! BUT the misinformation was designed to bolster fears of Muslims and Black Americans and, despite being contradicted by numerous fact-checkers, Trump stood by these falsehoods. Trump’s statement quickly triggered a backlash of condemnation. Illinois college students wearing blackface and posing in front a confederate flag while one man showed his vandalized car with a racial slur painted across the windshield. In classrooms, white students, some as young as kindergarten age, have been reportedly chanting "cotton picker" and "heil Hitler" at black students while Muslim women have shown concern for wearing a hijab in public. IN SPITE OF Republicans and Democratic rivals alike slamming his remarks as “bigoted”, “fascist”, and “reprehensible”, his pundits and supporters CHEERED and They Lowered The Bar for the racist LOWER.
- How much lower can this Bar be lowered? He Trump took time out of his busy schedule of conspiracy promotion and disavowal to write a letter to America’s anti-abortion leaders, making some new firm promises about what he'll do on abortion should he be elected president in 53 days. The missisve, dated “September 2016,” was released by the anti-abortion nonprofit Susan B. Anthony List, an organization that not only opposes abortion in all circumstances but also several forms of contraception, including emergency contraception and copper IUDs (which it has described as causing “early abortions"). The letter begins with Trump’s announcement that he has enlisted longtime anti-abortion leader Marjorie Dannenfelser, SBA List president, as the leader of his campaign’s “Pro-Life Coalition.” And, his supporters and the Republican Party CHEERED and They Lowered The Bar taking away the right for women to make choices that affect their bodies!
- He attacked Muslim Gold Star parents! Trump’s retaliation against the parents of a Muslim U.S. Army officer who died while serving in the Iraq War was a clear low point in a campaign full of hateful rhetoric. AND his supporters and Republicans CHEERED and They Lowered that damn Bar again!
- He trashed Native Americans, too! Trump wanted to open a casino in Bridgeport, Connecticut that would compete with one owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Nation, a local Native American tribe, he told the House subcommittee on Native American Affairs that “they don’t look like Indians to me... They don’t look like Indians to Indians.” He then elaborated on those remarks, which were unearthed last year in the Hartford Courant, by saying the mafia had infiltrated Indian casinos. And, yes, the Bar Was Lowered for Donald J. Trump.
- He encouraged the mob justice that resulted in the wrongful imprisonment of the Central Park Five and his supporters CHEERED and the Bar Was Lowered!
- He condoned the beating of a Black Lives Matter protester at a campaign rally in Alabama, and his supporters physically attacked an African-American protester after the man began chanting “Black lives matter.” Video of the incident showed the assailants kicking the man after he has already fallen to the ground. The following day, Trump “implied” that the attackers were justified: “Maybe [the protester] should have been roughed up,” Trump mused. “It was absolutely disgusting what he was doing.” And, his supporters and the Republicans CHEERED and AGAIN They Lowered that damned BAR!!!
- He called supporters who beat up a homeless Latino man “passionate”! His racial incitement inspired hate crimes. The two brothers cited Trump’s anti-immigrant message when explaining why they did it. “Donald Trump was right — all these illegals need to be deported,” one of the men reportedly told police officers. And his supporters CHEERED and They Lowered The Bar for what was acceptable for a candidate to represent the United States of America as its most powerful leader!
- Trump tweeted an anti-Semitic Hillary Clinton meme that featured a photo of her over a backdrop of $100 bills with a six-pointed Jewish Star of David next to her face. “Crooked Hillary - - Makes History!” he wrote in the tweet, which also read “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever” over the star. And his supporters took up the call to HATE Secretary Clinton and Jews and they and the Republicans Lowered The Bar!
- He bragged and laughed about sexually abusing women claiming because he was famous and the women saw him as a star, he could do anything he wanted to them! MY GOD! His Supporters CHEERED and some of the women bore clothing and signs that pleaded for him to “Grab My Pxxxy!” and The and the Republicans Set the Damn Bar SO LOW I’m not surprised the 70-year-old man could easily STEP OVER IT to become the President Elect!
- The FBI stated the Russians were responsible for the email leaks, that the Russians infiltrated the DNC and were sending them to WikiLeaks. Rudy Guilliani promised on FOX that there was more coming... "A BIG SURPRISE!" Then, when it happened 2 weeks before the election and he realized the FBI knew he and the Trump campaign were talking to Russia, he back peddled saying he knew nothing!
- When, for 2 nights after the election, tens of thousands of protesters against the vote take to the streets across the country, Trump reacts childishly Tweeting:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 21m21 minutes ago
Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!
Now the MEDIA is asking Americans to PRESS THE RESET BUTTON for the President Elect each day.
Excuse me? Isn't talking to the enemy (Russia) and asking Putin to Hack the US to find Clinton Emails and then Putin Admitting he and Trump were communicating before the election TREASON?
NO! There is no RESET BUTTON for the Office of President of The United States of America! America does not conspire with the enemy against on of its citizens!
Americans must remain vigilant and never forget what Donald J. Trump has said, promised, and done, and we can NEVER consider lowering the bar for the greatest office in the world.
NEVER LET THE BLUSTER of the media and Trump supporters BULLY you into believing the Office of the President can become bigoted and racist, misogynistic, or fascist!
The President Elect has the responsibility of Reaching that Bar and We Will Never Allow Anyone To Pull That Bar Lower Than It Is. That BAR is high, very high because being chosen/elected as President and every president before him recognized the responsibility the people entrusted to that person brought with it the greatest of tasks ever assigned to a public servant, that he will represent and stand fight for the freedom and equality of ALL AMERICANS.