Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tumbleweed Contessa's Poetry -- Surely You Jest

I'm working on a character for a new book, a woman who has become a woman being used. I'm discovering that it's better for the person who doesn't know how to be in an honest relationship to be an asshole for telling the other person they aren't interested or that they've lost interest than it is to keep the other person in an emotional purgatory where they think they have a chance.

What kind of person leads another into believing they are loved and then walks away without a word? They're ALWAYS so so so busy. Hey, aren't we all? They fall into being the responder and never the Initiator. You hear more about what they did with an ex-lover than how happy they are with you. Huge Red Flags are huge red flags for a reason. 

When the one being deceived begins realizing something is amiss, well, maybe they will have something like this poem to say.




© Surely You Jest
Mimi Wolske
All Rights Reserved

You can’t just come into my life
and tell me you love me
as much as I love you,
and begin to matter,
and become an important part,
and then set me in a dark hole
away from every part of your life
and just walk away
without saying a word,
leaving nothing but a hole in my chest.

1 comment: