Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mimi-Mona Poetry: Don't

For love to become something great, you have to be willing to commit to what it takes to make it great, and that means opening up your heart to someone to love and not allowing fear to keep you from committing to the journey.



Mental stress

©Don’t
Mimi Wolske
All Rights Reserved

Don’t look up;
you don’t want to see
those tall buildings
scraping the sky
Don’t be sad
because the sky’s blue;
I’ll be your sunny smile
Please don’t you cry
and make it rain
unless you want
our love to grow
Don’t get lost in me;
it’s too much
like being found
Don’t tear down
my secret walls
with your strong hands;
it will set my love free
Don’t let our fireworks
be over; just know
you are safe with me
Don’t quell your desire
for me unless you want
to try to forget
how tumultuous
our love truly is;
can you? I can’t
Don’t look down;
you don’t want to see
all the sadness
we have buried

No comments:

Post a Comment