Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mimi-Mona Poetry: In Your Bell Jar



©In Your Bell Jar
Mimi Wolske
Mimi Wolske-Mona Arizona™
All Rights Reserved

You spoke words that melted in my hands
There in the basement where so many surprises awaited me
So many people in the basement and then you called Intermission
My thoughts grew colors that mingled with the roots of my hair
Looking for those words of acumen
Finding the kind of love that's going to kill me
Seeing in your eyes this wasn't a lesson or some children's game
Growing flowers from a hole dug under the table of love
Naked and famous was I in your Bell jar

You were singing the song of Bernadette
Repeating flavors while lying with your icy statuette
When your balloon collapsed you called out Author Author
Never understanding why I suffered from writer's block
If luck were kind you might have found a roof
Quiet is that crack in the wall where communication fled
The octopus lovingly holds onto her wolf and pearls
You were the fluid sacristan of my embellished heart
Naked and famous was I in your Bell jar




(Abduction, 2005, Ashley Snow Macomber -- octopus and wolf)

No comments:

Post a Comment