Tuesday, February 4, 2014

POETRY: His Role, His Sword, Him, and Me



His Role, His Sword, Him, and Me
© Mimi Wolske, December 2009
All Rights Reserved

 
In he sweeps,
through an open door,
just after a big
gust of testosterone
and tumbleweeds of
pubic hair,
with his not-so-fresh
claims, after
relative
obscurity,
on everyone's
attention.
Male wounds.
Male rights.
Male grandeur.
Male whimpers of neglect.
Masculine
cultivation of his
feminine side
was, perhaps,
ejaculated prematurely.
Problems with
his male identity.
His newly found
impregnable
humorlessness
embarrassment
goads his
male conscious,
male pride,
male rage.
He demands,
but from whom,
to have returned his
Zeus energy,
divine energy,
hurricane energy,
so he can once more
brandish
"the Vajra sword"
of sexuality,
of courage,
and to dream of
championing
the moist,
the "swampish",
the wild,
the untamed.
He awaits my words:
"Oh, pierce the
dangerous places
with your handfuls
of courage so
I may receive
my reward...
in the bedroom."
Ephemeral
Journeymen,
eco-masculinity,
seed-bearing male,
bristly and prickly
authority to be
accepted for the
sake of the alpha male.
"Kiss it," he demands.
I submit.
I kneel.
I embrace.
I kiss.
I worship.

(This is one of my older poems...but it was on my blog site that was hacked, so I'm hoping there will be many who haven't seen this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment